Friday, January 7, 2011

15 Things

I have nothing profound to say this morning, so here are 15 completely random things for your reading enjoyment. They're all about me, just in case you're wondering, "who IS this girl? What's her deal? Oh, how I wish I knew 15 more things about her!" Now you will. You're welcome.

1. Right now? I am obsessed with the Scottish band Biffy Clyro. I was once involved with (or you know, "married to" -- it's all in the terminology, isn't it?) a fellow who was VERY anti-singing along, but only when it was MY singing along. I love this band because they're awesome, but I ALSO love that I am allowed to sing along with them. Loudly. Whenever I feel like it. ('Tis a glorious life.)

(If you'd like to check Biffy Clyro out, you can go here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAh--lH0H3U
or there's always Facebook)

2. I'm not a fan of peanut butter. It's a bit like wet cement, isn't it? Who needs that?

3. I use the phrase "I'm not a fan" with some regularity. It seems nicer than "I don't like that." Consider, please. "Hey, do you like salmon?" "I'm not really a fan." as opposed to "Hey, do you like salmon?" "No, I find it disgusting." See? Nicer.

4. I have said about 2938472384 times that I'm going to learn to play the guitar. I should probably just shut up about it, because I'm thinking ... maybe that's not going to happen. I'm a little bit patience-impaired at this point.

5. I think that when you're 35, as I now am, the word "boyfriend" is a little weird. (For the record, I don't have one. But I think if I did, I'd be reluctant to use the word boyfriend... and "manfriend" is not only odd, but off putting... I don't even know why I'm thinking about this today. Moving on.)

6. I realized today that all of all of the places I have ever lived? The ones where I felt most comfortable in my own skin were within hearing distance of trains. The house I grew up in, my first apartment where I lived on my own, the house in North Carolina, and the place I live now. Trains. I don't know why I find that sound to be joyous, but I do.

7. I miss the days of the mix tape. I mean, a playlist burned onto a cd is good, but it's not as good as the mix tape for some reason (the amount of effort that went into a mix tape was really part of what made getting one special. It's way easy to burn a playlist onto a cd).

8. I can go several days without even turning on the television. I'm not a television watcher. Having said that ...

9. ... I am a pop culture junkie. Thank you, internets, for keeping me up to speed.

10. I spend so much time on the internet that there are days when I feel as though I live inside the computer. This is partially due to my work, which is internet based, and partly because I'm obessed with facebook, and partly because of the blogging, but at the end of the day, I have spent more hours on the internet than I have doing anything else. This may be what prompts oversharing ... ah well, it is what it is.

11. I don't like to write with pens that don't feel right (I recently found out that I'm not the only person with this particular quirk). What makes a pen "feel" right? I can't tell you. I can only tell you when one DOESN'T feel right.

12. One of my coworkers frequently calls me "boss". As in "On it, Boss!" As in NCIS. It never fails to totally crack me up.... Gibbs, I ain't. (If you are not familiar with NCIS, this one just shot right over your head. But it's one of the only things I watch on tv. You should try it out. Just saying...)

13. I have mixed feelings about this post because so far, all but two of the items starts with "I". So self indulgent. But I said I'd post every day, so what is one to do?

14. I have a thing about gargolyes. This began with a bridal shower gift of a gargoyle (I have very extraordinary friends) and continues to the present. I have (counting ... let's see...) five of them lurking in my apartment at present.

15. I am still trying to decide what I am going to be when I grow up.

No comments:

Post a Comment