Friday, January 28, 2011

Random Observations for a Friday

1. Last night I had a reverse insomnia evening. Here's what I mean by that: I fell asleep on the couch at 5:30-ish, and woke up at midnight, stumbled off to bed, and then slept until my alarm went off this morning. (This, by the way, was after I also took a nap during lunch.)

"So after all of that," you might be saying, "there's no way you could still be tired."

You'd think that. But you'd be wrong.  I AM still tired... tired, and now, somewhat concerned that after that much sleep, I'll revert to my newly normal sleeplessness -- an idea which I do not relish.

2. I have to go to the grocery store at some point because I'm out of kitty litter. This should be an easy task: go to store. Get litter. Pay for litter. Leave.

However, I know that I'll end up with a cart full of stuff because I LOVE my neighborhood grocery store. I love it. I love the way it smells. I love the way it is set up. I love the possiblities in it -- all of the things I could make, even though I won't! -- and the colours and textures. I know this is weird. I love it anyway.

3. I don't usually crave sweets, but I am wanting ice cream ... which makes zero sense when you consider that it's 20 degrees outside and I'm kind of chilly. Oh, Ben and Jerry, how I heart you. So loyal. So sweet. (I can picture a grandma pinching their cheeks "You're such good boys, you.") There may be ice cream involved in the grocery trip.

4. Did my taxes this week, which I of course immediately followed with the "I'm a wizard" victory dance of genius. It's sad when something we all have to do is such a daunting task... but it's GLORIOUS when it's completed, isn't it? I love a refund.

Not much for a Friday, but I have to tell you -- it's been a long week and I need a weekend to recharge. Hope yours is marvelous.

No comments:

Post a Comment