Thursday, January 13, 2011

Bright Lights

I spent the last several years living in a climate that was relatively snow free. I moved back to the snowy tundra that is the Northeast voluntarily, and I love it here. It's BEAUTIFUL. Yesterday, while it was snowing? So pretty. (Even when I was shovelling. Which, hello, is HARD WORK! I had totally forgotten.)

Okay, maybe it snowed a little --excessively. I mean, I don't know that I needed 24 inches of snow in a single day. And yes, it was pretty freaking cold. But I've got boots and a warm coat (finally) and lovely mittens so ... bring it on. I can take a little cold (or, you know, a lot. Tripping face first into a snowbank taller than I am did NOT assist in the warmness. Of course, the shovelling did help ...)

Here's what I had forgotten about when it came to the snow.

It's very ... white.

Whoa boy, is it white. It's like everything is covered in a blanket of reflecting mirrors. Bright, glowy, shiny, white reflective mirrors.

I live in a corner unit, so I have a lot of windows. It's an apartment building, so there are streetlights outside. Let me tell you, between the streetlights and the snow? Last night it was like VEGAS in my apartment -- everything was bathed in light, despite the closed blinds and windows. I was tempted to stand in the living room and sing Sinatra tunes (okay, maybe I DID do that. But it's house and I'll do it my way, thanks).

The cat was convinced it was day time. So she romped around the apartment joyously, meowing thrilled little meows. Woooohooooo! Daytime! Let's PLAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY!

There was very little sleeping in the Casa last night.

Now, of course, it is daytime. It's stillllllll so bright. I mean, it's amazingly bright. Bright like I should have my sunglasses on. Bright like "don't look directly into the light."

So pretty. But, oh man.

1 comment:

  1. Definitely sunglasses weather! I can't drive without mine after it snows.

    ReplyDelete