Thursday, July 2, 2015

Fight, Part Two


So here’s what happened.

1.       I managed to keep my cool. (translation: though emotional, I did not cry. VICTORY)

2.       I stated my case well.

3.       I was able to get the person with whom I was speaking to understand my point of view.

What will the outcome be? I don’t know, exactly. It’s too soon to tell.

Here’s what I do know:

It’s easier for me to advocate for and stick up for others than it is for me to do it for myself. I will be FIERCE on behalf of other people and silent on my own behalf.

That needs to stop. I mean, I guess it did stop, sorta, but it needs to continue to stay stopped.  You can’t count on other people to recognize what’s important to you if you don’t talk about it. You can’t expect anyone to swoop in and save your day if you’re not at least making an effort to save it yourself.

I don’t know if I saved the day, but I know I didn’t NOT save it.

That’s something.

No comments:

Post a Comment