Monday, July 20, 2015

I'm Melting

It's hot right now.

I knew it was going to be hot this morning when I walked out to my car and it was a lot like being smacked in the face with a warm, wet towel. I remember thinking, "Well. This sucks."

Since I refuse to use the AC in my car in the morning (it's a long story) I had the windows open. My hair blew around like mad and kept sticking to my face. It was still hot, and I got out of the car at work grumpy, with stupid hair.

The office was an OVEN. I don't know if they turn the air conditioning off when there's no one there on Sunday or what, but it was so hot that I made a cup of coffee, looked at it, and poured it down the sink because it was 7 AM and I felt sick due to the sweaty sauna-ness of the place.

Have I mentioned that it's hot?

This is how hot it is: as I type, my cat is -- for reasons that I can't even begin to fathom -- attacking the stripes on my skirt. Apparently they offend her.

And I'm just watching her do it because it's too hot to get upset about it. Whatever. Go get 'em Lizzie. Make those stripes PAY.

Maybe tomorrow will be cooler?

I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment